Saturday 19 October 2013

But At The Weekend, Everything Will Be Okay...

A lyric from a top tune by The Wildhearts there. The debate rages on as to which version is better - Weekend 96 or Weekend 98? 

Good ol' Smileybones. 

I'm feeling a bit better today. I'm up, dressed and in my comfy chair. It took a lot of spoons, so I'm a bit knackered now, but I'm pleased with myself. I'm still relying on liquids and cold things to soothe the soreness though. My voice is still AWOL too. If you see it, can you send it back my way? Ta! 

I've neglected music lately, which is something I'm trying to change. I've realized that one of the big loves in my life has been missing, and maybe it's a key to improving my happiness levels. My iPod is currently somewhere in the depths of my room upstairs, which I am quite sad about, as I can't get to it and give it an update. So I've taken to listening to Kerrang radio at night when I can't sleep. It's just nonstop music with no DJ at that time, so when I hear a song I like, I Google the lyrics to find out what it is and who it's by. Recently discovered songs for me are:

Volbeat - Lola Montez
Five Finger Death Punch - Battle Born
The Answer - Spectacular
Tonight Alive - Lonely Girl
Pearl Jam - Mind Your Manners
Heaven's Basement - Heartbreaking Son Of A Bitch

All pretty different, but equally awesome. Any suggestions on great new music to listen to are greatly appreciated!

I'm really liking the overnight stuff on Kerrang. There's a really good mix between new and old tracks, and it makes me smile and gets me relaxed all at once. My love for music is back, and it's stronger than ever. This is a very good thing! 




No comments:

Post a Comment