Friday 5 July 2013

10 Day You Challenge - 2 Songs

Happy Friday!

So,we're down to the final two 10 Day You Challenge posts. Picking 2 songs is going to be so bloody hard! Gah! 

2. Aporia, by Forever Never. That's where my nickname came from! My friend Simon introduced me to this band, after seeing them at Uxfest. We travelled to Rayleigh Mill in Essex to see them play, but when we got there, we were told we couldn't go in. Luckily, Simon had a number for the girl who had booked them for Uxfest, and she managed to get us in and guest listed. They totally blew me away, and Aporia just stuck in my head for weeks after. I played that album non stop for over a month. We saw them many times over, and the guys were really lovely, always making time to chat to us. I couldn't make a gig one time, as I'd injured myself (I do that a lot haha), and when they saw Simon without me, they got him to ring me so they could have a chat and wish me well! Such an amazing group. They are sadly no more, which is a real shame, as they really deserved to make it big. Seeing them play at Download was a real highlight - especially when the crowd went mental to Aporia. It's an amazing song, it really is. 


1. It's My Life, by Bon Jovi. Depending on what time you are reading this post, I could well be seeing it live for the first time ever. I am tremendously excited! I love the lyrics of this song. They fit well with my life as an EDS-er. A lot of the time, people tell me I shouldn't do things, because of the impact they have on me later. Going on rollercoasters is a good example. I love them, the rush of adrenaline actually improves the pain levels (notable exception - Colossus at Thorpe Park. Guaranteed shoulder dislocations. Boo). I  make sure I'm splinted up first, then have a nice hot bath when I get home, or back to the hotel. Obviously there will be discomfort for me, but I've had a bloody good time! "It's my life, It's now or never, I ain't gonna live forever, I just wanna live while I'm alive". That's a kind of mantra for me. Things will hurt, but that's just part of my life. I HATE missing out on good things, because it might make me dislocate, or sprain, or leave me with incredible fatigue. Holding a pen can do those things! So thank you, Bon Jovi, for creating an anthem that suits me perfectly. When I first heard it, it was on the tv channel "The Box", back when it was telephone requests. It was number 451, and I used to whoop everytime I saw it come up on the screen. I went and bought the single from Woolies, and we went camping the next day. I put it in my discman and listened to it every night before I went to sleep. I never ever get tired of hearing this song. It's absolutely brilliant. I will report back on the gig in a review, and let you know what I thought of it live! 


Wow, that was hard to narrow down! Notable mentions must go to:
Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
Alexander O'Neal - Criticize
New Radicals - You Get What You Give
Black Stone Cherry - Killing Floor

There are so many others, but I don't want to bore you! Let me know your top two -  I love music recommendations! 



No comments:

Post a Comment